Tasting pound cake reminds me of our childhood quarreling about the last piece of cake that mom used to make at home.So I thought of trying this cake and bring back those memories. I prepared this cake for our trip to Reno during 24th April weekend, to enjoy some snow at Reno.
If you want add some chunky pieces like Tooty fruity or some nuts that you would love to have in it.Here is the recipe for that yummy cake:
All-purpose flour 2 cups
Baking powder 1 tsp
Sugar 1 cup
unsalted butter, at room temp 2 sticks
eggs, at room temp 4
Vanilla extract 1 tsp
Measure all the ingredients and keep them aside and preheat the oven for 325 F.
Apply butter and sprinkle some flour in the baking tray.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Using a wisk or electric mixer , mix butter and sugar until the sugar is all mixed well and it light and fluffy.
- Now add the eggs one at a time mixing in the middle of every egg untill all blended well.The add the vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients by mixing it slowly or at low speed till it is well blended.
- Now pour it in the baking tray and spread the batter evenly in the tray.
- Place it in the oven and bake it for 70-75 mins till knife inserted comes out clean.
After taking out of the oven cool it for about 20mins and slice it.
It tastes good as it is or you can have them with some jam. Generally it tastes better after 2 days than the day on which it was baked. This attempt turned out successful and it was enjoyed by our group during the Reno Trip. Try and enjoy this delicious cake and go back to your old childhood memories…