As a kid rasagullas are my favorite sweet.I was in hostel during my collage days and rasagullas are my first choice when my dad asks me about some snacks to hostel.I love them alot and so i wanted to prepare them and enjoy freshly.These are very easy to make and so delicious .
2% Milk — 4 cups.
Lemon juice– 2 Tbsp.
Water — 4 1/2 cups.
Sugar — 1 1/2 cups.
- In a pan boil milk till they are bubbly and hot.
- Add a 1 tsp of water in the lemon juice and pour the juice in the milk. Allow the curds separate from milk.
- Place a muslin cloth in a strainer and pour the curds and run down in some cold water.This way the lemony taste from curds will go out.
- Now squeeze the paneer or curds till all the water come out.
- Take the paneer in a bowl and make it more soft by mashing with your hands as you do for puri dough.
- Continue mashing till you are able to do some balls out of it and stays in its shape.Make some balls with the paneer.The balls becomes almost double the size.
- In a pressure cooker add the water and sugar.Adjust sugar content according to your taste.
- Place the paneer balls into the cooker and close the lid.Cook till 1 whistles and switch off. Make sure there is enough place in the pressure cooker for all the balls.
- Chill in the refrigerator and serve cool.You can have them right away if you can’t wait like me…:).
Try them and enjoy … Let me know how they came out…
Kitchen Notes: All quantities are approx., changes should be made according to the taste.
Recipe Source: Adapted from online.