Over the weekend we invited one of my husband’s college friend and his wife.It was raining out and a snack time.What else could be good other than a hot chaat on a rainy day ,so I prepared some masala chaat and hot Jamuns.
Here is the recipe for chaat:
White Vatana- 1 cup ( soaked for 6-8 hrs)
Onions- 2 medium.
Tomatoes- 3 medium.
Lemon- 2 count.
Cilantro- 1/4 cup diced.
Garam masala- 3-4 tsp.(as required)
Red chilli powder- 1 tsp.
Salt- to taste.
- Cook the white peas and some salt with water in pressure cooker for 2 whistles.
- In a hot pan add some oil,Chopped onions and sprinkle some salt and turmeric.
- After the onions are lightly fried, add tomatoes and mix well.Fry them till they are well cooked .
- Then add garam masala and chilli powder and mix well.
- Then add the cooked peas with the cooked water.
- Mix well and cook till required consistency.Add some salt and masala to your taste.
- Finally add some cilantro and serve hot with some lemon juice and sliced onions.