Today I want to share an authentic yummy recipe of Gongura pachadi. It is one of my Favorite special dish which I always crave for. Gongura is a very rich source of iron, vitamins, folic acid and anti-oxidants essential for human nutrition. It has all the goodness of health and tastes yummy. It tastes even more yummy if we make it in a stone mortar as in olden days.
The recipe goes like this:
Gongura: 1 bunch(6 cups cleaned and washed leaves)
Urad Daal: 6Tsp
Dhaniya: 1 1/2 Tsp
Jeera: 2 Tsp
Mustard Seeds: 1 Tsp
Fenugreek Seeds: 1 Tsp
Red chillies: 6-8 count
Tamarind: 1 inch pieces 2 count
Salt: To taste
Oil: As required
Urad daal: 2 Tsp
Jeera: 1 1/2 Tsp
Mustard Seeds: 1 Tsp
Curry Leaves: 10-15 leaves
Onion: 1 count(Cut into small pieces)
1. In a pan add 2-3 Tsps oil and let it heat. Then add Urad daal, Dhaniya, Jeera, Mustard Seeds, Fenugreek seeds, and red chillies and let it roast well and keep it aside in a bowl to cool down.
2. In the same pan add 4-5 Tsps of oil and add the Gongura leaves, Garlic and tamarind and let them cook properly.
3. Once the spices mix cools down, grind it into fine powder in the Mixie. Once the Gongura mix cools down, grind it into a paste using stone mortar or in the mixie.
4. Once the Gongura mix is properly grinded, add the spices mix and mix well.
5. In a pan add 6 Tsps of oil and add all the seasoning ingredients and add them in the chutney.
Now the yummy chutney is ready. Enjoy the chutney with hot rice and raw onion pieces.
Today I am going to share a tasty and spicy recipe. I first tasted this dish in an Indian restaurant which is the perfect dish for my taste(spicy). I tried it at home and it has become the most favorite dish in our home. It is a quick and tasty dish. Here goes the recipe…
toasted parottas – 4 Qty (cut them to small bite size pieces)
tomatoes – 3 cups (chopped)
Onions – 1 1/2 cups (chopped)
Green chillies – 2-3 qty (as per your taste)
eggs – 3 count
salt – to taste
red chilly powder – to taste
Coriander – 3-4 stems
Jeera – 1 spoon
Mustard seeds – 1 spoon
Olive oil – 3-4 spoons (any oil of your choice)
1. In a pan add oil. After oil is hot enough add jeera, mustard seeds and let the fry for 2mins.
2. Then add green chillies, onions and let them fry for 5mins.
3. Add egg and fry till it cooked well.
4. Then add tomatoes and cook for 3mins.
5. Lastly add toasted parotta pieces, coriander,salt and red chilly powder and mix it well.
You can enjoy the dish with some cold Mango lassi …..
Hi Everyone, for this valentine I want to try something new for filling and cake topping. I made a chocolate cake with strawberry whipped cream filling and topped with chocolate ganache.
These are the gifts I got from my sweet hubby….
Today I want to share a spicy and tempting dish “Onion Garelu” .This one of the common dish in Andhra for almost every festivals. They goes well with coconut chutney or Sambar. The recipe is soo simple and quick to prepare.
The ingredients required for this recipe are….
Urad daal : 2 cups (Rice cooker cup).
Onions : 1 cup ( sliced ).
Green Chillies : 3-4 count.
Coriander leaves : 1/2 cup chopped.
Oil for deep frying.
Salt to taste.
1. Soak Urad daal for 4 hrs and grind it by adding little bit of water.
2. Add all the other ingredients and mix them well.
3. Heat oil in a pan until it is hot and fry them.
Enjoy them with chutney or sambar…..